Thursday, May 11, 2023

Thusday Tweets -- today's word is "Omphaloskepsis"




Those who follow this sort of thing will remember that Sullivan did a stint as NYT public editor. She was great, but the paper didn't listen to a damned thing she said, which was a great loss for them and for us.



thought

You'll have to take my work on this but when I first saw this Elizabeth vs. Liz Holmes, I also thought about a rehabilitation piece on Manson, though I have to admit pitchbot did it better than I would have.



 

Let's check in on Elon.

Perhaps Tucker thought the best way to bond with Musk was to lie about a business agreement.








The culture wars have reached the point where far right advocates are desperate for something to be offended about.


"None of the counter-protestors the Post spoke to seemed to have attended SM North or had children attend the school, but one man said he pays taxes to the school district."


I've been meaning to do a post on how self-interest no longer explains the actions of these people.



I know we said we were going to lay off Ron for a while, but how often do we get to do a monorail tweet?


As we said before, the biggest political impact of Dobbs lies in the secondary and tertiary effects.


Church of Christ without Christ

Wiki -- Bryan Lee Slaton is a former pastor and American politician. Slaton represented the 2nd District in the Texas House of Representatives from 2021 to 2023.

 

One of the reasons I think we need more Christians in politics (actual Christians).


Russian stooges are back in the news. It's a retro thing, you know, like vinyl.


This one from our friends at the PayPal mafia.


Apparently, Robin Hanson is still a thing. I hadn't heard from him for a while and I'd assumed he was just a frozen head by this point.

Agree.

Back on the Sparta debunking beat.

I did some research and this checks out.
This is really bad.

Let's stop by and visit with Grady.


TBH, this is really cool (assuming we can count on the quality).

No comments:

Post a Comment