Thursday, October 26, 2023

Thursday Tweets -- a lot of philanthropists insists on having things named after themselves

This was going to be part of our regular tweets post, but I didn't it getting lost in the crowd.

Even for Elon, this is some cartoonishly evil asshole techbro shit.








Though this offer is too outrageous to be entertained, it's also worth noting that the ratio of what Elon says he's going to give to charity to what Elon actually gives to charity is remarkably low. Musk is a master of the effective altruist trick of claiming that money you give yourself is actually going to help humanity.


Musk has been trying to bully Wikipedia for years, sometimes successfully. This may have something to do with him being a serial revisionist.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to confirm Godwin's law, but . . .

    First they came for Gawker
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a gossip
    Then they came for the news media
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a hack
    Then they came for wikpedia
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a nerd
    Then they came for Nancy Pelosi
    And I did not speak out
    Because I don't like professional politicians
    Then they came for me
    And there was no one left
    To speak out for me.

    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete