Thursday, June 8, 2023

Thursday Tweets -- now less musky

We are overstocked with bad science this week (AI, UFOs, Flat Earthers and RFK jr.), I thought I'd skip any tweets about a certain individual, though I suspect some of his known associates may make an appearance.


I love this analogy.







While not quite the same tech Apple just unveiled, it is always worth remembering that VR has been the next big thing for longer than many of the people saying VR is the next big thing have been alive.





I give you the perfect AI hype story.


Seguing from techbros to politics...




If he can hold on to the spotlight, Christie could make this interesting and by the standards of today's GOP, he may be the leper with the most fingers.


If you had told me that Ann Coulter would make a persuasive argument for contributing to the Chris Christie campaign...



Remember when Republicans didn't like Russian stooges?




I did Nazi that coming...

But with water (h/t to Seva Gunitsky)


Just so everyone remembers, the Miss Teen USA competition includes girls as young as 14.



Credibility...



I've been trying to sucker Andrew Gelman into doing a post on this. Read the thread to see why someone needs to write this up.



More from Devereaux.

I recall a story from a sci-fi collection about a menial office worker who was convinced he should have been born in the days of knights. A stranger appears and tells him he was right. There's a flash and he finds himself in a stable holding a shovel.

A visit to Aesthetica's page reveals exactly what you'd expect, implicit racism, explicit misogyny, and lots of bad fantasy art.


Speaking of flakes.



When friends tell me we wouldn't have these problems if we had a parliamentary system.

Just because we're taking a break from you know who doesn't mean we can't check in with another member of the PayPal mafia.





Also any famous person goes to the hospital. (see what they're saying about Jamie Foxx)



I promised you UFOs.


 
This is a long thread (it started in 2020) but you should read the whole thing).



 

 Come for the flat-earth content. Stay for the masterclass in how not to defend yourself from mockery.


In a case of bringing satiric coal to Newcastle, an Atlanta comic weighs in.


In case you thought RFK jr was was a one trick pony.


I do give this guy credit for leaving the tweet up.



Thunderbird going upscale is a development I did not (and did not wish to) see coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment